3.4.13

My parents visit Costa Rica! Part 2: La Fortuna/Arenal Volcano

My third trip to Costa Rica and I finally got to see Arenal! I now know what all the fuss is about.  The volcano is only a mile high (5,500 feet), but it towers over everything else around it, including the small, tourist town of La Fortuna.  


We stayed at a really nice little eco-lodge on the edge of La Fortuna...it was a dirt road off a dirt road kind of place.  There was a pool and a river on the hotel grounds, and the day we arrived it was pretty hot, so we opted for these options instead of the infamous hot springs nearby.



The next day, we went horseback riding to La Fortuna Waterfall. It was an amazing tour with amazing views! 



We even got to check out one of the native tribes living near the active volcano, and swim in the cool water near the falls.





We didn't even make it into the national park or Lake Arenal, but it was an amazing weekend in La Fortuna. The scenery and volcano views are to die for! I would love to go back and explore more when I have another long weekend!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment