29.5.13

Monteverde

My first birthday in Costa Rica was amazing.  Even though I had to work, I had many birthday wishes from my fellow teachers and the staff at Máximo.  I was excited for the weekend because my friend Lori was going with me to the Monteverde Cloud Forest, which I had never been too.  She decided to rent a car, and the two TEFL trainers, Chelsea and Iani, decided to come with us.



Santa Elena is a cute little town nestled in the hills surrounding Monteverde.  We actually didn't even make it into the cloud forest, so that means I have to go back! We did go on a night hike (where we saw a bunch of cool animals), a ziplining tour (that included ziplining, Superman, Tarzan swing, and rappel), and we briefly stopped at the cheese factory for some ice cream...and I bought a huge hunk of feta cheese, since it's so expensive in San José.




It was such a quick trip...I'm definitely looking forward to going back and seeing more of Monteverde soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment