28.7.13

San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua

My second visa run led me to the tiny, touristy beach town of San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua.  I was fortunate that my friend from Flag, Lindsey and two other friends (one of whom is also from Flag) wanted to go with me.  My first border run experience was so fun, and I knew this one would be too...a new adventure in a new country!!!

We decided to leave a little later than I probably would have. Maximo gives me a paid day off of work, so if I had been traveling by myself, I probably would have gotten out of town around 5 or 6 a.m on Friday morning. We didn't end up leaving until 9:30 a.m.! The bus ride there took about 6 hours, and of course this doesn't include getting off at the border, which was actually a relatively smooth process! We met an expat on the bus named "Poker Dan", who helped us out a lot with making sure we got the correct amount of money when exchanging and explaining the process to us. He was...interesting to say the least!!!


That night, we didn't get to San Juan del Sur until about 6:00, so we checked in to our hotel and got some delicious, cheap pizza! The next day, we walked along the beach and drank and ate a lot! We had to take advantage of the super cheap food!  That night, we went to watch a concert in the streets of San Juan del Sur! It was great to hear live music again...there hasn't been much in my time in Costa Rica. I wish I had more time...I went back home with Bethany, while Lindsey got to stay in Nicaragua for another three weeks with our other friend, David (lucky girl!).

No comments:

Post a Comment