25.10.13

Back in the U.S.A. (Part 2)

About a week after coming home from Challis, my friend Kristin went with my dad and I down to Tempe for the "Livers of Steel" Tour aka the most fun I've had in the Valley in a long time. Three of my favorite groups (Wade Bowen, Micky & The Motorcars, & Reckless Kelly) all in one night was like a mini Braun Brothers Reunion all over again. To escape the miserable desert heat, Kristin and I went skating at Oceanside.  After that, we headed back to the hotel to change clothes and get ready for the concert.  They were playing at an unusual (but gorgeous) venue for them, the Tempe Center for the Arts.  



After eating dinner, we walked along the walkway for as long as we could stand the late afternoon desert sun beating down on us...I think we lasted about 15 minutes! The view was beautiful though. Tempe Center for the Arts is located right along Tempe Town Lake.



The concert was amazing...these guys are great musicians. They somehow manage to get better every time I see them! We ended up hanging out with some of them after the show...it was great getting to know them a little bit better.  They're so nice and it was awesome to go out on Mill Avenue with them!




The last couple of weeks in town were great.  It was bittersweet to leave, but I knew I'd be back over Christmas, so only a few more months!! It was so wet and green in Flag when I left...hopefully there will be a lot of snow and I'll come home to a white winter wonderland!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment