20.3.12

Week #1: How I found my passion in Chile

Wow, I can't believe I'm in my second week already! The course is speeding by, as well as my time in Chile. I'm going to try my hardest to see everything, but I already know I need to come back two or three more times to see half the things I wanted to in Chile. A month is definitely not long enough!!!!!


Week #1 has been exciting and exhausting all at the same time.  After recovering from the weekend jet lag, I walked into Bridge ready to learn. I actually expected to know a lot of the techniques for teaching EFL (or ESL in the States) but I've learned so much and gotten so much more out of this course than I ever would have anticipated.  I've definitely changed some of my perspectives on how hard it is to be a teacher and, more importantly, how much harder it is to be a student learning a foreign language (especially English!!!)


I'm learning so much and this IDELT course has made me realize just how much I love imparting my knowledge on to others.  I walk in to Bridge every day excited and challenged.  It's not like most university classes at all...I actually want to come to class because I know it's helping me towards a career (more on that coming soon!!)  Coming to Chile has made me realize just how much I want to be a teacher.

2 comments:

  1. Catita, ¡este sona maravillosamente! Ayer Reynolds y nosotros XC esquiamos en Anderson Mesa...el sol fue brillante y la nieve muy profunda. Hoy nos duelen las piernas un poco, pero no es demasiado malo. ¡Esperamos que tu semana pase bien! Te amamos,
    M&D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sí, me encanta este curso...hay muchas cosas diferentes para uso en las clases de The Literacy Center. El hombre de la institución en Costa Rica me escribió y él dice que Idiomas Mundiales alquila todos los meses. :D Es una posibilidad que me mueva a Costa Rica...también hay otra oportunidad en Antigua, Guatemala.

      Quieren Uds. hablar este fin de semana?

      ¡Te aman Uds!

      Delete