6.11.12

Teaching/life in Costa Rica!

Life here is agreeing with me.  I'm the happiest I've ever been, and I'm truly grateful to be able to have this experience.  There are things I see every day that I want to blog about, and hopefully I'll be able to soak them in and share them with others. 

The first three days of teaching have been great.  The class structure is really similar to the training I took in Chile for the IDELT course, so it's nothing really new.  All the books are supplied, and teachers get a curriculum with activities, games, and different ideas for the material.  All the teachers and staff at Máximo Nivel are great and are willing to help me or answer questions whenever I need support.  The learners are also awesome, they're all so smart!


I will have to post a separate entry on my first full weekend in Costa Rica.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Caitlin,
    I was looking into a job there too. Can you keep me updated when they are hiring again. I've sent them my resume but I will not be returning to Costa Rica until May 2013.

    Thanks
    Vernita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vernita,

    It's a great organization, and the school is awesome! Everyone is super supportive. I know they hire year round, so just email Ken Jones when you're interested in arriving and he'll probably do an interview over Skype. Do you have a TEFL certificate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for getting back to me! I do have a TEFL certificate. I actually got certified in Quepos/Manuel Antonio last year.

      Delete